Friday, October 7, 2011

tgif

No Shit. Friday couldn't come sooner or fast enough.

I like my job. I really do. I don't like some of the people I work with, though. For the past few years the attitude of some of my co-workers has deteriorated beyond any hope of changing for the better. It has become so "normal" to be negative that they can't or won't see the problem. I can't stand it any more. I would just love to scream "get the hell out of here if you can't come to work with a better work ethic". The other piece of this headache of a puzzle is that my boss has pretty much wiped his hands of the success/failure of the business. He's all into himself and probably deserves to experience the outcome of his indifference. I care. I care a lot. I probably care too much.

This past spring was especially bad with the co-workers and my boss was ready to terminate at least one person immediately. But being the sometime co-dependent that I am, I suggested that he wait until the winter time and have a real heart-to-heart talk with the person and offer to give some paid time off to reconsider the work ethic and see if he/she could come back with a better attitude. I am eating my words. Choking on them, actually.

Near the end of the day yesterday, a customer called wanting to place an order for Friday delivery. First time customer. First impression customer. FAIL!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing from this employee....no one here (huh?), cut-off time is 3pm (huh? it's not like customers are beating down the door this time of the year), blah, blah, blah. I was mortified. I was pissed. I wanted to scream. And yet the continuing co in me says not to say anything to the boss (he's not around anyway) because I'm not ready for change or confrontation. Sick, huh?

TGIF - I can't wait to see what happens today.

No comments: